Sunday, March 1, 2015

#56DAYSTILWIFEDOM DAY 3 but really day 4

Day 3, ...4? Okay, Okay. 56 days until Jake and I are one and the last day in February.

The day was perfect. The sun has been shinning in Juneau for days now, an extremely rare occurrence. Yesterday Jake and I shared the entire day together from morning until night because for once I somehow scored the entire weekend off from work! We got bagels for breakfast and had them with cream cheese. I don't consider this against our "no eating out" policy because they are practically a grocery and I am not able to try to make bagels from scratch.
We had leftovers for lunch and since the day was gorgeous and we were free from any commitments we put some snacks in my mama minivan and went for a drive. We drove out to the Shrine of Saint Therese, a beautiful attraction in Juneau. We walked around and looked at the beauty of the place and marveled at how such a holy place can draw so many people in. And Jesus is there - present in the tabernacle! So cool! It was nice to feel at home there where faith and peace in God is alive since Jake and I sometimes feel a little estranged from the rest of society being that we are devote Catholics. We decided to drive to the very end of the road as well and the drive was gorgeous, absolutely stunning. We stopped to just marvel at the beauty at one point in the drive. Our outing was such a nice date. Besides the little gas we used it was a free date and we were able to spend quality, undivided time with each other which I love. Definitely one of those dates I'll always remember and try to use as an inspiration for dates in our future. 
We did stop at a bar and grill for a drink, and a snack for Jake, and then headed to my house to relax and cook dinner.
This meal was kind of difficult to make. I found it on Pinterest and it is called "Paleo Creamy Chicken". A lot of the recipe healthy ideas include coconut this and that but being on a budget I opted for the dairy options: butter and sour cream. I already had these things in my house as well.
It called for cooked, mashed butternut squash so I let that roast in the oven forever, aka, a little over an hour. It also called for shredded chicken so I seasoned up some chicken and boiled it.
I also cooked some rice, which is against paleo but I know Jake loves chicken and rice so I simply had to. It also stretched the recipe further! When all my pre-cook ingredients were finished and I mashed the squash and shredded the chicken, I mixed all the ingredients: chicken, butternut squash, peas, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, seasoning salt, butter, and my own idea - just a little cheese! in a big sauce pan "until creamy". Once that was heated and creamy I served it in a bowl over rice.
Jake really liked it! and Aside from the little bit of cheese I added and opting for butter and sour cream instead of coconut oil and coconut cream it was a fairly healthy meal!
I was tired after this one because I should have prepped the squash and chicken before. Waiting around the kitchen to make sure the chicken did not boil over and to keep an eye on the squash was not the most fun I've had in the kitchen but I was proud when Jake said he really enjoyed it and would even like some left overs to bring home.




That was Saturday. The final day in February. We can now mark off another month gone in our engagement and one more step closer to the wedding day. I am so excited I can barely contain it!

Stay tuned until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment