Sunday, March 15, 2015

#41DAYSTILWIFEDOM and a few days prior...

Okay. I am going to be upfront with you, my readers; I have completely failed at my challenge this past week. I've not only been too lazy to blog but I have also been a little embarrassed by the lack of home cooking I had to blog about.

I have stirred up a few topics to touch on today though. Allow me to play catch up. Please forgive me, I lack lots of picture evidence. Nonetheless....


Jake and I caught far too many quick meals this week but what I did cook was:

Ravioli: Bought it pre maid at the grocery store, boiled it up, put some olive oil and salt on it. Yum. Good lenten Friday and comfort food. I don't think that combination is suppose to happen but it did.

Kielbasa Casserole:
This recipe is easy easy easy!  And yummy! It is kielbasa/polish sausage, bell peppers, red onion, sweet potato, carrots, garlic, olive oil, and Italian seasoning. Cut all that up, mix in the garlic, oil, and seasoning and cook it for 45 minutes on 375 you have yourself a healthy yet filling meal. This is one of Jake's favorites and I am happy that is so since it is very easy to make. It's also an easy one to prep in advance and cook later.

The mystery meal - What is left in the fridge? It's dinner!:


I had some chicken I needed to cook and a left over package of polish sausage. I also had a little rice left and the rest of an onion and some green chilis. I threw it all together with a variety of seasonings. I was looking for a cajun flavor so I used a lot of cheyenne pepper, some garlic, salt, and really whatever I found on the internet that fit the "cajun" criteria. It turned out really well although i think next time i'll marinate the chicken and use more green chilis. There were certainly no left overs of this one! Victory!

Today I prepped for the week ahead. I made a batch of bacon and eggs and bought a pack of english muffins. I made six little breakfast sandwiches some of which I froze and some of which I stuck in the fridge. These I plan on throwing in the toaster while I make me morning coffee so I can head to work with a good breakfast in hand.



This week I also moved a lot of things into Jake's apartment. We went through his closets to sort what he wears and what needs to be thrown or given away. This freed up one of the closets in his bedroom so I could begin transferring all my stuff into it. I also rearranged some of the wall art and cleaned up. Sprucing the place up and doing a little decorating made the place look a little more homey. Jake likes to make jokes about how I am slowing beginning to take over his apartment but I know he loves that I'll soon be there to wake up with every morning and to do the vacuuming ;) I also made sure I displayed his South Carolina flag and the bathroom has a superhero theme (for now).

We're 41 days away today and I cannot wait! My roommates offered for me to move out of my current house early because they found someone to replace me. This was a great deal because it saves me a half a month of rent pay and I have a friend who I can crash with for two weeks. It also speeds up the "move my stuff into Jake's" process which makes me really excited. This week we are moving the furniture I bought off my house so the place will begin to look even more like mine and Jake's. We cannot wait for whats to come in our relationship and lives. God is so good to us.

This week I will try to cook more! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment