Thursday, February 26, 2015

#58DAYSTILWIFEDOM: DAY ONE

DAY ONE:

Good evening world! I suppose my journey really started last night when I journeyed to the grocery store after work and made me and my love hamburgers with no sides, of course, for dinner. When i got home from the grocery I realized most of my previously purchased lettuce was too wilted for my only option for a side, salad, so that took any side out of the picture. Regardless, I am proud to admit that in addition to cooking dinner I also did my laundry and cleaned my room. #wifestatus. I loved it. I was exhausted but I loved how it made me feel. I felt joyful to serve my furture husband to a homecooked meal and to have my things organized and clean. It gave me a sense of peace that being lazy after work would not have given me.

Here is how it went -
I spent $90 at the grocery which provided me:
two cans of tomato sauce (plain)
pizza dough
pepperoni
cheese on cheese on cheese
sour cream
two green bell peppers
coffee
ben n jerrys (like I said, this is a journey)
hamburger meat
corn tortillas,
fajita seasoning
hamburger buns
bananas
shrimp
shampoo
dishwasher detergent

Paired with the other groceries I already have in my house these provided me a plethora of meals for the week to come, such as: pizza, creamy chicken with rice, shrimp fajitas, dessert ;), hamburgers, and I already eggs, apples, cashews, and peanut butter not to mention the bananas I bought. These extras provide me good snacks and breaskfasts.

SO. DAY ONE.

This morning I made myself some scrambled eggs. I put some cheddar on them, which I had from a previous grocery trip, and I wrapped the eggs and cheese up in a corn tortilla that I heated up in a frying pan. I had that with a banana and cup of coffee.
Jake shared his lunch with me so I didn't have to make anything then.
BUT I am proud of my second homemade dinner in one week. Tonight I made pizza with peppers, pepperoni, and lots of cheese. Pizza is pretty self explanatory. I read what tempature to heat the oven to, how long to let the dough sit, and how long to cook the pizza but as far as my toppings I did my thing. Yes, I bought premade dough from the Safeway deli.
I thinned out the dough and placed it on a pan greased with olive oil. I slapped on some of the plain tomato sauce that I bought. I threw on the cheese, absolutely way too much cheese, the pepperoni, and some orange bell peppers I desperately needed to eat before they went to waste. I sprinkled the top with italian seasons which I forgot to put on the tomato sauce and I coated the crust with more olive oil.
I baked it at 425 for 18 minutes. Voila!


Not bad huh? It was delicious. The best pizza I have had in Juneau if I might say so myself. 
It's rewarding to know I have my life together a little more than I did before. Its nice to spend so much money on one meal which turns in to many due to left overs. I am excited to venture out into this cooking world. I welcome any tips and tricks, recipes, and encouragement! 
Well that is all I have for today. I'll let you know how shrimp fajitas goes tomorrow night! #58days

No comments:

Post a Comment